Nvidia GeForce v296.10 drivers now available
Nvidia GeForce v296.10 drivers are now available, version 296.10, giving SLI users a small boost in performance to several games along with other fixes. Coming in at 158.74 MB, the new drivers are recommended for all GeForce users playing Battlefield 3, Blacklight: Retribution, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
- Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
- Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
- Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
- DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
- Dungeon Defenders
- F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
- rFactor 2
- Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
- Dear Esther – Rated Good
- Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Issues outlined in the PDF file:
- Fixed Single-GPU Issues
- The NVIDIA Installer attempts to install the driver onto an incorrect or nonexistent hard drive.
- [Diablo 3 Beta]: The game screen blurs when forcing AA from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- [GeForce GTX 560/GTX 550 Ti]: The NVIDIA Control Panel does not update the monitor name when a different monitor is hot‐plugged.
- [GeForce GTX 590] “No NVIDIA High Definition Audio” error occurs with Realtek889 codec.
- [GeForce GTS 450][SIM2]: Display corruption occurs when entering a house that has a swimming pool.
- Fixed Multi-GPU Issues
- [SLI] [GeForce 500/400 series][F1 2011]: Game performance with SLI enabled is lower after the game Patch version 1.02 is applied.
- [SLI] [GeForce 500 Series][Dirt 3]: The game stutters within the menu and occasionally during a race.
- [SLI][ GeForce 500 series][Mirrorʹs Edge]:”Driver not responding” error occurs when playing the game with SLI enabled.
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 580][Metro 2033]: The system hangs when launching the application in DirectX 10/11 mode if both SLI and 3D Vision are enabled.
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 580][rFactor 2]: The games runs at a low frame rate when SLI is enabled.
- [SLI] [GeForce GTX 470]: After the driver is instaled, SLI either cannot be enabled or causes screen corruption once it is enabled.
- [3xSLI] [World of Warcraft:Cataclysm]: The character portrait flickers after loading an instanced map.
Still no outlines on Star Wars: The Old Republic, but we stopped holding our breath long ago.