Network Time System Server
Time is of the essence, right? Or is time a figment of our imagination? Or is it just Nature’s way of keeping everything from happening all at once? Regardless, time keeps us on track, keeps us from getting in trouble, and tells us where we are at what point in time. With that, it’s time for a time review-but enough of the confusion. Let us have a look at Softros Systems, Inc. software: Network Time System Server.
Being a Systems Administrator requires a lot of time, effort, and headaches beyond any that medication can cure. But with this comes time, actual time itself within a network of many computers. Computers have brought a great deal to the corporations and industry–including crime. But you, as Administrator, have a job to do, and you don’t have much time on your hands. So, is there an easier way to keeping all of the computers on your network synched? Sure there is, and all that’s needed is a little up front investment of time to set up this application on server and client machines.
- All 32-bit Windows Operating Systems are supported
- Runs both as NT-service under NT operating systems(Windows NT4/2000/XP) and as usual Win32 application under 9x systems (Windows 95,98,ME.)
- Informative stats for both client and server parts
- Logging.Built-in power-firewall
- Support for 3 simultaneous external time sources
- Capable of synchronizing time with external time sources through corporate firewall or proxy server (http, socks4/4a/5 proxies).Encryption of all inbound and outbound traffic
- Flexibility and ease of configuration
- All major network protocols are supported(including TCP/IP, IPX, and NetBEUI.)
- High speed of operation
- High precision time synchronization
- Modest usage of system resources.
- Pentium compatible computer (or higher)
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me,Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Network connection (Intranet, LAN, WAN.)
Timecard fraud is one of the largest internal crime problems that companies face, companies that rely on computers, that is. But having the correct time is important, too. I’ve been behind the desk, listening to those who ‘have’ time on their hands, complain about the time on their computer being out of synch. And yes, I’ve gotten those calls about people complaining about their computer time being two minutes off. But hey, you’re supposed to fix the problems of those who make twice as much as you, but can’t run a computer as part of their jobs.
Time is very important, so why not support your users with the ability to synch time without worries? That’s where Softros Systems, Inc., based in NY, comes in. They have developed ‘hands-free’ clock synch software for administrators. Its ease of installation and auto features give you back your time, and it has the power to syndicate out to your network users with a client version.
The client version stays in touch with the Network Time Sync Server, and, for the most part, takes commands from the server. The administrator is able to send out time synchs to all client machines with a push of the button. But time synching goes beyond the users’ convenience; it also keeps backups in order.