Minecraft Pocket Edition update v0.2.1 released with pigs!
Minecraft Pocket Edition fans rejoice again with another update from the folks over at Mojang. The latest updates are nothing major, however, though pigs have been added to survival mode — how can you go wrong with that?! Most notable change are the controls to the game. (with all these updates coming to the Pocket Edition, the app is starting makeup for its $6.99 fee)
- New optional control scheme; “split touch controls”
This is option may be more suitable for those with bigger screens (hello tablets!). You got a cross hair and the right half of the screen lets you rotate the camera. Touch to place block, hold down to remove blocks. Just like you did before
- Added pigs to survival mode
- Flying is changed; ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button
- More inventory selection slots
- Bug fixes; dark tree trunk was impossible to pick up, invisible fences, resource items in the world were always bright, pixelated destruction feedback circle
Next update is in the works and will contain Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System (MATTIS). More on that soon
Minecraft Desktop version 1.2 is also available in case you missed it a few days ago.
- New jungle biome
- Added ocelots
- Added cats
- Added iron golems
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
- New items and blocks
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
- Added rare drops for mobs
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes
About Minecraft – Pocket Edition
Minecraft – Pocket Edition allows you to build on the go. Use blocks to create masterpieces as you travel, hangout with friends, sit at the park, the possibilities are endless. Move beyond the limits of your computer and play Minecraft everywhere you go.