Minecraft Pocket Edition receives new Survival Mode, and more
Minecraft fans will be happy to know the Pocket Edition has received updates adding new features to the game — bringing it closer to the PC version. Not long ago we reviewed the Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOS. In our review we found the app to be quite entertaining, but lacking many of the features the PC version offered. We did, however, mention over time the app would receive more features — some of those are finally here!
Major version 0.2.0 brings the first survival update to the game with the following updates:
- New mode! Choose between Survival and Creative mode when creating a map
- New blocks; most notably doors, fences and fence gates
- Added flying to Creative mode (double tap jump)
- Added mobs; sheep and zombies being the first
- Day and night in Survival mode, with monsters coming at night…
- Gather resources from nature!
- Tools for different purposes (digging, attacking.. shearing )